In this training module number 1 you will find an overview of the energy efficiency in hotels. After going through the focus area of the topic (including transport, external supplies, hotel, gardening and catering) you will find one chapter dedicated to indicators and benchmarks divided in 5 sectors: good [...]
The specific aims of the project are to develop and disseminate a web-based environmental training programme for energy managers of the hospitality sector.
The modules can be summarised under the following headings: [...]
The Ventilation module is meant to teach the user how to reduce costs and energy through the ventilation system. The module is divided into several sections, starting with background information on ventilation systems, continuing with heating ventilation and air conditioning including [...]
The module 4 is dedicated to the energy consumption monitoring in hotels. It starts with energy indicators, benchmarks and variable. Then it goes thorough gas consumption and electricity consumption. The final part focuses on the multiregression analysis, monitoring and targeting.
The module number 5 is dedicated to explain the importance of a good insulation and the different ways of insulation, such as thermal insulation, underlining the disadvantages of a low efficiency distribution. Before starting with an insulation reform, it is important to keep in mind than an analysis [...]
This module focuses on heating systems. The following will be covered:
- The main components of heating systems, their strengths and weaknesses.
- Activities to decrease heat consumption by simple actions and to minimise [...]
The module number 7 focuses its teaching material on water management. The areas of work are: water consumption measurement, areas of water use (bathroom, laundry, swimming pools, grounds, kitchens, housekeeping.). It also includes a chapter on good [...]
The cooling module number 8 starts with a step-by-step guide on how to audit. It continues with a chapter on how to calculate the cooling energy consumption and losses. The last chapter is dedicated to the energy savings opportunities, including insulation, reduction of [...]
The kitchen equipment module is divided into two sections, the first one dedicated to food preparing equipment and savings opportunities for its different components, such as cookers, ovens, ice cream freezers, minibars, dishwashers, etc. The second focuses on the ventilation system.
The main topic of this module number 10 are lighting sources and characteristics. The following subjects will be analyzed:
- Lighting facts.
- Wattage: traditional bulbs, fluorescent lamp standards, compact [...]
This module focuses on renewable energy. The following will be covered:
- Wind energy;
- Solar energy;
- Solar thermal;
- Bioenergy; [...]
ECOTOUR E-LEARNING PLATFORM
One of the most important results of ECOTOUR project is the creation of an E-learning platform dedicated to the persons aiming to acquire the Tourism Energy Manager knowledge, skills and competences.
It is a self-learning system for managers and staff of the tourism industry, also for specialized trainers, which consist of:
1. The knowledge base that will allow a friendly, fast and easy access to materials and contents about energy and natural resources management (techniques tools solutions).
2. A self-diagnostic tool that will guide the user to proper materials according to the situation and specific application environment.
3. Training area with different useful contents and tools for energy and natural resources management (techniques tools solutions) for people management, as well as any other topic related to the object of the project. This section will contain in particular practical contents and hints to be directly exploited on the job.
4. An interactive section enriched by visual elements to make more active the learning and assessment process. A set of training materials will be available online in the elearning platform. The entire online course will have to provide substantial material for a period of at least 30 hours, during which an ordinary user can go through the course from one end to another.
5. Finally the user will be able to self-test and the platform e-learning will validate his results by downloading an online certificate that will recognize his/her knowledge and will certify the participation in the online course.
We hope you will find this e-learning platform useful for the organization you manage or work for in tourism sector and that it will be a valid and innovative teaching tool for the trainers to use it in the real classroom environments.