Are you a manager, a technical expert in tourism
industry or a trainer willing to use an innovative
teaching tool in your classroom?
Would you like to get Tourism Energy Manager's
knowledge, skills and competences?
Self-learning system for tourism industry managers and staff
Friendly, fast and easy access to training materials about energy
and natural resources management
Self-diagnostic tool about user’s knowledge
Training area with different useful contents and tools
An interactive section making more active the learning
and assessment process
Be smart in using resurces
ECOTOUR PROJECT aims to define a new profile for a specific qualification on the labour market: Tourism Energy Manager.
The objectives of the project are :
- implementing the ECVET principles of formulation of learning outcomes, design of units, templates for the memorandum of understanding (MoU) and the learning agreement (LA) for the Tourism Energy Manager qualification. The methodology for assessment, validation and recognition of units will be created through pilot testing, that will improve the ECVET system for tourism and of other sectors.
- creation of a e-learning platform that will be tested in the consortium. This self-learning tool will be free of charge to all interested stakeholders and potential end users: teachers and trainers, managers and staff of hotes, pensions, restaurants, tourism agents, manufacturers and suppliers for hospitality industry. The learning experience of the participants to the pilot test will be certified by the diplomas awarded by the consortium.
- the project offers an answer of the VET and ECVET system to the identified needs of the labour market by elaborating the profile of a new workplace in the tourism industry: Tourism Energy Manager. The need for this new job was identified in partners' regions Tourism Action Plans. Our aim is to enhance the cooperation between VET providers and tourism professional stakeholders (labours, education and training institutions, relevant public authorities in tourism industry.
The objective of the project is the exchange of experience, information, concepts, various methods and strategies and their implementation and experimentation.
One of the aspects of the added value for the project is that all results will be translated into English, Romanian, German, Finnish, Dutch, Spanish and Italian so that they are accessible to the target groups and especially the general public:
- 1 project website in 7 language versions that will contain text and images related to the content of the project, realized events, activities and results.
- 1 e-learning platform with translations in 7 languages. Self-learning platform content will be easily accessed by any student interested in acquiring skills and key skills in energy management in tourism.
- 1 set of training materials available online in the e-learning platform.
- 6 pilot courses with a total of 180 participants organized in each of the partner countries (30 participants / country).
III International Congress on Energy Management in Hotels
Smart solutions and energy for future 71% of users are willing to pay more for staying at a sustainable hotel. Also, if Spanish Hotels applied the designed energy efficiency measures, the industry would save about 400 million euros.
CLIMAVAL is the benchmark congress on energy management in the hotel industry that will bring together the latest trends in technology energy equipment, business models and financing in vogue, the vision of all players in the industry’s value chain - from the manufacturer to the end user - highlighting many success stories of small hotels, medium and large hotel chains in Spain and Europe.
Target audience: managers and technical directors of hotels, maintainers, investment funds, banks, engineers, installers, architects, equipment manufacturers, travel agencies, etc.